The Faculty of Music EH&S Noticeboard
- Faculty's Environmental health and safety policy
- Faculty's issue resolution policy
- Faculty's Issue Resolution Form
- Faculty's Emergency Procedures (pdf | html format)
First Aid Forms
- Office/Workplace Environment/Safety Description Checklist
- Risk Assessment Form
- Incident Report Form (or S3 Form)
- New Staff Induction
- Induction Checklist for Newly Appointed Staff
- Casual Staff and Contractor Induction Checklist
- Higher Degree by Research Students Induction Checklist
The following outlines the Faculty of Music issue resolution procedure.
- Where an employee identifies a health and safety issue they should
raise it with their immediate supervisor. The employee or supervisor
should inform both the General Manager and the Environmental Health and
Safety Representative of the Faculty.
- The issue should be dealt with as soon as possible after being reported. If it cannot be resolved immediately then a solution should be implemented as soon as practicable. As minimum, interim measures should be out in place to prevent any adverse consequences until such time that the issue can be satisfactorily resolved.
- The Health and Safety Representative has the authority to issue a PIN where an issue fails to be resolved. Where the issue concerns work which involves an immediate threat to the health and safety of any person, the Health and Safety Representative or employer representative may direct that work will cease. Where an issue or an immediate threat remains unresolved (s)he may request the assistance of the Risk Management Office or a WorkCover inspector.
The issue and agreed outcomes are to be communicated to affected staff, the faculty General Manager and Dean. This communication should be formal, using the Issue Resolution Report Form.
This information must be made available to all new staff members, and a signed hard copy held in the staff members personnel file. (printable pdf version)
1. Faculty of Music online Health and Safety Manual (http://www.music.unimelb.edu.au/OHS/)
The Faculty of Music maintains its own Health and Safety Manual, which contains many links to the Universitys Manual, other University procedures, and forms for health and safety purposes.
It is recommended that you bookmark this address which leads to the Faculty Manual.
2. The Universitys Environment, Health and Safety Manual
The Universitys Environment, Health and Safety Manual is maintained by the Universitys Risk Management Office. You can link to the University Manual via the Facultys online manual, or go to it directly at: http://www.unimelb.edu.au/ehsm/
3. Health and Safety Issue Resolution Procedure
All new staff members must receive a copy of the Facultys
Health and Safety Issue
Resolution Procedure. The current version of the procedure is found at: http://www.music.unimelb.edu.au/OHS/issue_res_proc.pdf.
4. Accident and Hazard Reporting Procedure
All new staff members must receive a copy of the Facultys Accident and Hazard Reporting Procedure.