The Faculty of Music has a selection of musical instruments including strings, woodwinds, brass and early music instruments that are available for loan to current students for use in course-related activities. All instrument loans are subject to the recommendation of your teacher and approval of the responsible academic staff member or the Dean.
Instrument loans require a deposit of $200 and a loan fee of $60 per semester. Certain valuable instruments may require a higher deposit.
To organise an instrument loan:
- Seek support of the responsible academic staff member – your subject coordinator, teacher, ensemble director or head of instrument area, who may recommend a particular instrument to you.
- Contact the Instrument Loans Manager to reserve an instrument and obtain information about loan fees and deposit payments
- A loan agreement form will be generated and issued to you
- The form must be signed by both yourself and the academic staff member supporting the loan application
- Take the loan form to the accounts manager and pay the loan fee and deposit. You will then be issued with a receipt for payment.
- Return to the Instrument Loans Manager who will issue you with the instrument
- You will then be permitted to take the instrument off campus for practice during the Semester and keep it safely at your address.
- Students are responsible for looking after the instrument for the duration of loan period and ensuring that the instrument is kept safe and in good repair.
- Students are not permitted to pass the instrument on to anyone else
- Instruments must not be left in motor vehicles, unlocked rooms or otherwise left unattended
- All instruments must be returned personally to the Faculty Front Office or the Instrument Loans Manager.