Centre for Studies in Australian Music (CSAM)
The Soundabout Australia series of compact discs was conceived by the distinguished ethnomusicologist Alice Moyle and the Sound Heritage Association. The project was assisted by the Australia Council, ScreenSound Australia, and the University of Melbourne. The set comprises thirteen compact discs arranged in seven volumes, each with explanatory booklets written by experts. The recordings are all reissued from historic original recordings, where possible remastered to provide the best available quality. The booklets, with numerous illustrations, contain extended historical essays and bibliographic resources, and bring into focus the growing accumulation of written material in Australian libraries and archives and the relevance of recordings to Australia's cultural and social history.
- Nature Sounds of Australia (1 CD)
- The Great Bands of Australia (2 CDs)
- History of Jazz in Australia (2 CDs)
- Classical Music of Colonial Australia (2 CDs)
- Country Music in Australia (2 CDs)
- Australian Pop and Rock 1955-1975 (2 CDs)
- Transplanted Music Traditions in Australia (2 CDs)
For prices and an order form, go to Centre Publications.